When it became evident to members of the local community that a hospital was going to be needed to keep physicians, Atchison County began actively planning to build a hospital. Financing and location plagued the project until a group of dedicated individuals, members of the Fairfax Kiwanis public affairs committee, became determined to raise funds for a new hospital in Fairfax. This club, headed by L.R. Sims, F.C. Whitford and Jack Pearce, raised $185,000 for construction. The doors opened on November 7, 1949.
Since the very beginning, Community Hospital-Fairfax has been blessed to have a supportive and committed community who has helped purchase new equipment, aided the hospital in hard times and helped the hospital expand when needed. Community Hospital-Fairfax is truly blessed to be a part of this generous family.
The Community Healthcare Foundation is proud to honor those who have contributed to the hospital. We encourage you to contact the development office today to learn more about leaving a legacy in the hallways of Community Hospital – Fairfax.